This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: PC/Console Multiplayer Games
Located in the London borough of Bromley, our client is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. They are growing the studio for exciting new projects on PC and console and are looking for a talented and passionate Technical Lead to help create them.
The successful candidate will oversee an entire programming team and project, managing the daily development of the title while coordinating with production and the studio technical leadership to establish and maintain the technical direction.
- Professional experience managing a large programming team throughout the full game development cycle on at least one successfully shipped title.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience establishing and maintaining roadmaps and technical plans.
- Expert C++ skills.
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code.
- Experience with waterfall or agile methodologies.
- Work with your programming discipline leads, game design, level design, art and production teams, and act as the main technical point of contact for the project.
- Leading the daily management of the project's programming team.
- Establishing clear technical direction, intent and best practices within your team.
- Co-ordinate technical planning and task scheduling with production.
- Work with the studio technical leadership to establish and maintain technical direction.
- Identifying risks and blockers and proactively remove them.
- Working effectively in open and collaborative environments.
- Fostering professional growth within your team.
- Communicating ideas, intent and limitations to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Experience with real-time networked multiplayer games.
- Professional experience with Unreal Engine 4.
- Experience with multi-threaded development
- Experience developing on modern or next gen consoles.
- Knowledge of profiling and optimising code for CPU, memory and bandwidth usage.
- Knowledge of developing procedurally generated environments.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!