" Ref - 5175200. Our client is a world-leading games developer and publisher continuously working on innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds. As Technical Lead, you will work closely with will work with the Lead Programmer and other disciplines to deliver technical solutions across continuing development of the upcoming AAA title. This will be a winning opportunity for a professional willing to focus on providing technical direction for a team.
- Maximize performance across all platforms, including PC, previous-generation and current-generation consoles, and help other programmers in the team
- Tech mentoring, feedback and evaluation of performance to support other programmers
- Be proactive and assist in identifying tech issues in existing or planned code. As moving forward: address or delegate.
- Be part of planning tech architecture for new features of the existing game as well as new projects
- Promoting team in sticking to memory budgets and developing tools to ensure budgets are clear to content creators
- Develop a memory budget for future projects
- Work with the production team on tech tasks (working out timescales and communicating risks)
- Flexible working hours
- Success-based annual bonus and share option schemes
- Benefits such as private family healthcare, enhanced maternity/paternity package and other
- Deep Knowledge of programming in C++ in a large codebase (experience with programming in Lua is a great addition)
- Previous experience in a lead role and directing others (released game for PC or console)
- Understanding performance and memory requirements
- Deep understanding and experience with console development PS4/5 and XBSX/S certification
- Proven track of branching and merging of complex projects is a bonus (SVN)
Technical Lead for Video Games Developer based in the UK (remote) or Programming Jobs"