Important: You must be based in the UK for this role
ZA/UM is a video game studio that in 2019 released the award-winning role-playing game Disco Elysium. We are based in the UK and Europe, we have offices in Porto, Brighton and London. Our team is spread across a number of countries around the globe. Currently, the team is composed of around 60 writers, artists, developers and producers.
You are an experienced producer with a solid technical understanding of video game development pipelines. You bring an understanding of technical requirements, processes and standards by which technical teams operate. You’ve managed cross-functional teams in the creation of complex projects, taken ownership of technical roadmaps and efficiently bridged programming with art and design. You understand risks and how to mitigate them, ensuring clear visibility across the board.
You are passionate about making and playing games with a demonstrable technical aptitude and good understanding of Unity3D. You are a proactive problem solver who is professional, respectful and approachable.
- Competitive salary.
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Support from more experienced colleagues
- The chance to work with some of the best people in the video game industry.
- Flexible hybrid work model - the ability to work remotely or from the office, with occasional required in person meetings.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Maintaining production schedules, development resources, and communication throughout the project.
- Working with project teams to understand their technical challenges and ensure clear visibility and tracked dependencies.
- Owning the technical roadmap to drive and coordinate internal and cross-departmental efforts.
- Managing product scope via the backlog
- Employing standard Agile methodologies in day-to-day work.
- Helping develop our shared production processes to increase efficiency and quality.
- Mentoring new and existing production team members
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of technically oriented production experience in managing cross-functional teams in the creation and delivery of complex projects for multiple platforms.
- At least one published title or equivalent experience in seeing through a development cycle from beginning to end.
- Knowledge of game development pipelines and processes along with project management methodologies to plan and coordinate.
- Solid understanding of Unity3D.
- Familiarity with the QA process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in using Jira, Confluence, Miro, spreadsheet and writing tools or similar software.
- Comfortable and accomplished at working with remote teams.
NICE TO HAVE
- Programming experience.
- Experience with other game engines such as UE4.
- Computer Science background.
- Passion for games.
Please send your CV, and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org
ZA/UM is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. The organisation - in providing goods and/or services and/or facilities - is also committed against unlawful discrimination of customers or the public.