This AAA console and PC game studio based in the NW of England is looking for a Lead C++ Network Engineer to join their team. You will create a network play strategy under the guidance of the Technical Director.
What will you be doing?
• Working in a multi-disciplinary team of programmers, artists and designers
• Collaborating with platform holders to ensure any technical challenges are overcome
• Participating in all types of the code base
Who you are
• Low level socket network game programming
• Online game techniques e.g. for matchmaking, dealing with error, object prediction and replication, client security...
• Online hosting e.g. Amazon AWS, Multiplay, Azure, Playfab, Thunderhead, AOS...
• Web technology e.g. endpoints (REST)
• Multiple shipped game titles
• Degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or relevant
• Object Oriented Programming
• Interpersonal and communication skills
• Problem-solving skills
• Detail oriented
• Shipped at least one title as Lead Network Programmer preferably AAA
• Game UI and network integration experience
• Anticheat and encryption strategies e.g. SSL, Bcrypt, AES - CCM, filtering…
• Compression, bandwidth optimisation issues and solutions
• Leaderboard and invite systems experience
A bonus if you have:
• Console programming (PS4/Xbox One/Switch/PC) and porting experience
• Machine architecture
• 3D maths
• CloudScript, Unreal Engine
This studio offers competitive salaries, great work-life balance, no crunch and a friendly and comfortable working environment, as well as a fantastic pension scheme.
Please email me your CV as a Word document to email@example.com quoting reference 2239.
We are an equal opps recruitment agency, value diversity and do not discriminate. We are GDPR complaint.