Media Molecule is a video game development studio based in Guildford in the UK, and a proud member of the PlayStation Worldwide Studios. We are the creators of the multi-award winning games LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Tearaway, Tearaway Unfolded and we're currently building the next generation of Play, Create and Share for PlayStation 4: Dreams.
We have exciting goals for the future, and as a result we are now growing our awesome team, fast! We are hiring talented engineers at all levels, so if you would like to be part of a collaborative, creatively ambitious team, please do get in touch.
Location: Our studio in Guildford or remote (able to work within the same timezone as the UK via video conferencing due to the need for close real-time collaboration).
About us: It’s an exciting time to be part of Media Molecule as we look to further push the creative boundaries of gaming and we are passionate about making games with creative gameplay. Our studio is fast paced, dynamic, collaborative and is undergoing a period of significant growth and evolution!
Role: We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative individual to join our tools team and help us build tools to facilitate effective game development across our studio. Collaborating with Artists, Designers and Tech, the successful candidate will constantly be using their experience and passion for developing tools to help expand our capabilities across our teams.
Level: Junior or above
- Excellent communication skills and able to work effectively in a remote team environment.
- Excellent working knowledge of C++ accompanied by good debugging and analytical skills.
- Able to effectively gather, assess and prioritise requirements.
- A pragmatic perspective - able to objectively assess where to invest effort in order to effectively produce value across the studio.
- Professional programming experience working as a Tools programmer in a game development studio (or related field).
- Experience with scripting languages e.g. Python.
- Experience building developer tools, automation systems, and/or web services.
- Experience working in a live service environment.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Media Molecule is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.