Sports Interactive are seeking an experienced and motivated Tools Programmer to build new tools and help improve an automated testing framework for an exciting mobile project.
Working in a small and energetic games as a service team, you will add considerable value to the overall quality of the game and empower our Development and QA teams to be able to do more at an even higher quality level.
As an experienced and forward-thinking Tools Programmer, you will take responsibility for an important area of development - incorporating unit tests, development/QA tools, and bot testing - with your work and contribution making a big impact to the project, enabling the ability to test more broadly and optimally.
- Designing, building and testing new tools and systems which aid fellow Developers, QA and the business to closely manage quality and quickly respond to issues.
- Collaborate with Senior Developers to further our automated testing system, understanding the requirements, scoping out the work, and delivering in an agile environment.
- Working to improve testing scope and coverage which will massively help prevent and find issues within multiple SKU’s and device requirements for a mobile game.
- Implement & monitor unit testing to ensure code meets quality standards before deployment.
- Collaborate with Analytics & Live Operative teams to implement a responsive platform for change management in a live service environment.
- 3+ years of professional development experience.
- Professional experience designing and implementing testing tools and solutions.
- Good knowledge of C# or modern C++.
- Ability to work under pressure, own issues, analyse in detail and be solutions driven.
- Excellent communication skills for effective collaboration with software engineers, analytics, live ops, QA and production.
- Self-motivated with a drive to improve yourself and others continuously.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Professional designing and developing automation test frameworks.
- Database experience.
- Strong interest in mobile and/or online gaming
Sports Interactive (SI) is a multi-award-winning game development studio and the world’s leading developer of sports management simulations. Founded in 1994, SI became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006. Based at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London, the SI team continues to expand as it brings its titles to an ever-growing audience via an increasing variety of delivery platforms.
SI has enjoyed sustained commercial and critical success for its extremely detailed and immersive simulation experiences. Its games are amongst the highest-rated PC titles (according to Metacritic) and frequently occupy both the ‘top selling’ and ‘most played’ charts on Steam.
The Sports Interactive team is diverse and international, bringing together world class and high potential talent with a combined passion and drive for creating genre-defining games. Team members enjoy a flexible working schedule and a relaxed studio environment that encourages a close-knit, collaborative approach to game development.
SI is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI offers a generous benefits package to all full-time team members including gym membership, in-house massage therapy and private healthcare (including dental). The studio is also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boasts one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry with just over 30% of the current full-time team members having been at the studio for 10 years or longer. SI also has many longstanding partnerships with leading charities, local schools and major sporting organisations.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.