This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: PC/Console Multiplayer Games
OPMs client create multiplayer combat games that champion team play and promote lifelong friendships. Members of the Build / Automation Engineer team are responsible for maintaining and contributing to the build and release infrastructure that underpin their award winning live-service multiplayer games.
As a Build / Automation Engineer, you will use your knowledge and experience to plan, build and maintain the build pipeline and infrastructure that supports the game from both a development and live service perspective. You have experience working with colleagues from multiple different departments to understand and fulfil requirements for the entire build and release pipeline, from the moment work leaves a developer machine to it reaching the player. You will also be responsible for identifying potential opportunities to expand their build infrastructure, working with support departments to identify, procure and setup resources as required.
- Working with members of multiple disciplines to effectively elicit requirements and communicate opportunities as well as constraints.
- Working effectively in open and collaborative environments.
- Employing a can-do attitude to solve difficult problems as part of an agile, fast-moving and highly focused team.
- Communicating ideas, intent and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Professional experience maintaining, extending and contributing to build pipelines and infrastructure for more than one shipped title.
- Professional experience working with Perforce and TeamCity.
- Professional experience with continuous delivery of updates and content for live games.
- Professional experience with deployment and development on PC, Xbox One and PS4.
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to self-organise.
- The people skills to work collaboratively within a team
- Experience with any scripting language. (C#, Python pref.)
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214422!