Senior Game Systems Programmer
Media Molecule is a video game development studio based in Guildford in the UK, and a proud member of the PlayStation Worldwide Studios. We are the creators of the multi-award winning games LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Tearaway, Tearaway Unfolded and we're currently building the next generation of Play, Create and Share for PlayStation 4: Dreams.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Media Molecule as we look to further push the creative boundaries of gaming and we are passionate about making games with creative gameplay. Our studio is fast paced, dynamic, collaborative and is undergoing a period of significant growth and evolution!
Location: Our studio in Guildford or remote (able to work within the same timezone as the UK via video conferencing due to the need for close real-time collaboration).
Role: We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative individual, with a strong technical background, to help work on game systems as we expand the capabilities of our innovative user-generated content platform.
What you'll be doing:
- Owning and implementing the technical design and delivery of various aspects of our game systems, including UI, metagame, player customisation, networking and file I/O.
- Championing best practice and supporting other team members to help maximise everyone’s potential.
- Working with systems/UX designers to realise creative objectives.
Level: Senior or above
- Excellent C++ skills with the ability to write readable/maintainable code.
- Strong debugging and analytical skills.
- Good technical verbal and written communication.
- Desire to collaborate with other disciplines to explore solutions.
- Flexibility to adapt effectively to new challenges as they arise.
- Programming network-connected game systems and/or UI.
- Debugging and rectifying code in a multithreaded environment.
- Mentoring others within a team.
- Development on tools/editors used by other disciplines.
- Experience working in a live service environment.
- An interest in UGC games.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Media Molecule is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.