Media Molecule is a video game development studio based in Guildford in the UK, and a proud member of the PlayStation Worldwide Studios. We are the creators of the multi-award winning games LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Tearaway, Tearaway Unfolded and we're currently building the next generation of Play, Create and Share for PlayStation 4: Dreams.
We have exciting goals for the future, and as a result we are now growing our awesome team, fast! We are hiring talented engineers at all levels, so if you would like to be part of a collaborative, creatively ambitious team, please do get in touch.
Location: Our studio in Guildford or remote (able to work within the same timezone as the UK via video conferencing due to the need for close real-time collaboration).
About us: It’s an exciting time to be part of Media Molecule as we look to further push the creative boundaries of gaming and we are passionate about making games with creative gameplay. Our studio is fast paced, dynamic, collaborative and is undergoing a period of significant growth and evolution!
Role: We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative individual, with a love of UI/UX to come and work with us on Dreams. We hope to find someone who is passionate about adding the special details required to make a beautiful and compelling user experience.
Level: Mid or above
- A passion to design and implement UI systems to world-class live services standard.
- Excellent C++ skills with the ability to write readable/maintainable code.
- Able to take an idea from a high level concept through to an implementation, able to collaborate with a wide range of disciplines to critique the quality of your own work.
- Self-motivated and able to adapt effectively to new challenges as they arise.
- Professional programming experience working as a UI programmer on real-time computer graphics based applications.
- Experience debugging and rectifying code in a multithreaded environment.
- Familiarity working with computer graphics technologies and associated ability to write shaders effectively.
- Artistic flair with an eye for UX design.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Media Molecule is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.