Project: AAA Shooter Games
Our client is looking for an experienced UI Programmer to join their talented team on their exciting new shooter. This role will be based at one of their studios in Horsham, West Sussex.
As a UI Programmer working on an exciting new Shooter, you will be uniquely situated to make substantial contributions to the game’s UI systems and features, both visually and technically.
Flexible working includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. They recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role can be fully remote, hybrid or full-time office. The expectation for hybrid working is an average of one day per week in our Horsham studio. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
As a UI Programmer, you will be responsible for the technical aspects of shaping the UI throughout all the areas of the game. You will work closely with UI designers and artists to inform and support the implementation of UI features.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Brainstorm and prototype new ideas
- Be very involved with other teams, from providing support to emerging gameplay features/systems
- Aid other teams in using the UI systems you have put in place, to maintain a standard of performance and quality.
- Fluent in C++
- Experience with UE4 game development
- Experience with UI frameworks
- Being able to work well with other disciplines
- Attention to detail and a passion for making quality products
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Experience with developing UI systems in UE4 using UMG
- Experience using Slate in UE4
- Experience integrating with services
- Experience working on/playing FPS games
- Experience with one profiling tool, either Unreal’s built-in or third-party.
- Experience with replication in UE4
- Experience with localisation
- Good understanding of geometry/trigonometry
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!