This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPM are thrilled to be working with a well-known Games Developer seeking experienced UI Programmers at to join their team.
The role centres very much around being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium.
You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
The successful candidate will possess a desire for developing world class user interfaces that help form the connection between the player and their games. If enjoy understanding how things really work behind the scenes of your beloved games, this is the opportunity for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create, maintain, and extend next generation UI systems.
- Take prototype design ideas, iterate through trial and error to evolve them into fluent, easy to use UIs.
- Collaborate with artists, designers, and coders on how to best use the current UI technology.
- Degree(s) in computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent.
- Solid professional experience on at least one shipped game.
- Solid C/C++ programming skills, and OO design skills.
- Great knowledge of common UI design patterns such as MVC and MVVM.
- Self-motivated and able to collaborate with programmers, artists, and designers.
- Brilliant problem-solving ability.
- Good team communication skills and able to translate ideas into tangible implementations.
- Passionate about playing and developing world leading games.
- Background in visual arts or equivalent.
- Experience with Scaleform, Flash, and Actionscript.
- Familiarity with XAML and WPF.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214418!