META Games is a self-publishing development studio creating mobile games for Esports fans. Our vision is “Live your Esports passion!” – for our players and ourselves. Our mission is to offer fun and authentic mobile games that will be enjoyed by millions of Esports enthusiasts around the globe.
We are looking for an experienced UI/UX Designer to become part of our core team in Berlin. Your main task is to take full ownership of the UI/UX in a new mobile free-to-play game where the player takes on the role of a manager of an esports team. You’ll help create a fun and authentic pocket experience for true esports fans and will be responsible for creating and maintaining the UI/UX of the game to keep it aligned with the audience expectations and preferences.
Ideally you have a strong background in the mobile games industry, have worked with cross functional teams and have a passion for Esports. Flexibility, a love for fast paced environments and knowledge of lean principles are definite pluses.
- Design and implement user interfaces for our game from concept to completion
- Communicate ideas both visually and verbally through static mockups, interactive prototypes or presentations
- Support the development team to ensure UI/UX needs are met throughout the entire feature lifecycle by providing wireframes, polished visuals all the way through to production and implementation
- Prove your ability to create and work within a style guide and asset library and contribute to it when applicable
- Work together with our core team (Game Designers, Producer, Artists, Programmers, Business Owners) to continuously improve the user experience and communication in our game
- At least 3+ years of experience as UI/UX designer with at least one mobile game shipped
- You are able to take ideas and transform them into beautiful, intuitive and functional user interfaces
- You have a profound knowledge of user interfaces and experiences on mobile devices
- You have a natural eye for layout, composition, typography, colour and spacing that you can bring together to create highly polished user interfaces
- You thrive in a highly fluid environment and enjoy being part of iterative design processes, bringing in your UI/UX know-how early on
- You are a problem solver at heart, willing to learn what you don’t already know and are proactively looking for answer
- You can prove your abilities with a strong portfolio of recent work
- You follow Esports and used to play (or still play) CS:GO, League of Legends or similar
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Great knowledge of Adobe Suite, especially Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience with Prototyping/Wireframing tools such as Figma, Adobe Xd, Sketch
- You have helped to design games previously for the mid-core mobile games market
- Experience integrating and animating UIs directly in Unity
- Animation skills, 3d skills
- Degree in game design, communication design or arts
What we offer:
- A competitive salary in a well-funded gaming studio, which you still help to shape
- The opportunity to work in the most exciting industries in the world – Esports and Gaming
- The ability to own your work, but to collaborate with a knowledgeable and enthusiastic team.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org