Job Type: Permanent
Project: AAA PC/Console Games
Our clients design team creates the layer between fiction and reality. Their mission to immerse players makes UI technology challenging and fun. Challenges are given by UX design, but also rendering performance and implementing our outstanding art direction. At their studio, nothing is impossible and if a feature makes the experience better for players they will make it work.
They are expanding their design team and need an experienced UI Technical Designer with front-end knowledge to join their team. Improve new game ideas with other team members. You love to simplify and challenge existing ideas, You have no problem using what someone else has built to achieve your goals. You need to have a sense for visuals and experience design but at the same time be structured and understand the importance of using best practices for collaboration in large teams.
- Implement menu flows and HUD components to design specifications using visual scripting
- Take an idea from start to finish on your own.
- Prototyping, and the ability to quickly sketch out ideas before diving into implementation.
- Extensive experience from games, applications or web development.
- Work in an environment that values collaboration and creativity.
- Willingness to share knowledge throughout the team.
- A love for playing and making games.
- Implemented screens, layout, logic and data flows
- Maintained usability and quality of UI elements throughout project development
- Worked closely with other disciplines
- Used visual scripting environments like Unreal Blueprints, Unity, Scratch, Blockly
- Championed best practices within the team
- Used feedback from the design team to improve workflows and features
- Experience with design critique and software reviews
- Work with other coders, artists, game designers and producers in diverse feature teams.
- Report to the Design Craft Manager.
- Be the spider in the web tying features together.
- Get things running quickly to test it.
- Iterate and redo until features are fun and feel right.
- Push boundaries.
- Generous paid holiday allowance
- Stock program and yearly bonuses
- Training and learning opportunities
- Yearly health allowance
- Pension Plan
- Social clubs
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call us directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!