This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPM’s client is rapidly growing with many high-end games in development across multiple genres including Narrative Adventure and Action Shooter titles.
They are a team of professional, friendly developers who form a world class studio staffed with excited, passionate creators who love to collaborate across varied, inspiring, and challenging games.
The successful candidate will join development on a ground-breaking next generation PvP shooter with a Games as a Service focus.
- Strong understanding and experience of programming in C++.
- Good knowledge of how to build systems that are tolerant to latency and packet-loss.
- Good knowledge of common networking techniques, including client-side prediction.
- Good knowledge of optimising network traffic and game server performance.
- Experience with Console and/or mobile development.
- You will architect reliable and robust client/server game systems.
- You will teach, mentor and train gameplay programmers to use networking system features optimally.
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Understanding of networking protocols such as UDP/TCP.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Private Healthcare Plan.
- Bonus Scheme.
- Enhanced Holiday Allowance.
- Pension Plans.
- Work remotely within the UK.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!