Project: AAA PvP Shooter Games
OPM’s client is rapidly growing with many high-end games in development across multiple genres including Narrative Adventure and Action Shooter titles.
They are a team of professional, friendly developers who form a world class studio staffed with excited, passionate creators who love to collaborate across varied, inspiring, and challenging games.
The successful candidate will join development on a ground-breaking next generation PvP shooter with a Games as a Service focus.
- Professional experience in a comparable role, having shipped at least one title
- Superb C++ programming skills
- Good 3D maths (vectors, matrices, linear algebra)
- Broad software engineering knowledge (OOP, design patterns, API development)
- Experience profiling and optimising CPU performance of real-time systems
- Experience debugging issues in large and complex codebases
- Understand and evaluate the physics related requirements of the project against the existing system to understand what further developments are needed
- Deliver robust, efficient, clear, and maintainable code, while striving to reduce technical debt across the game
- Investigate and evaluate third party tools, libraries, and frameworks
- Carry out investigation as required to provide realistic targets, budgets and expectations based on robust profiling, considering the design requirements of the game
- Design and oversee implementation of physics system protocols and disseminate budgets, protocols, and pipelines across the game team
- Respond to design feedback to help meet the creative vision of the game
- Provide constructive input to and feedback on designs during initial design, prototyping, iteration, and polish stages
- Work closely with designers, artists, and other coders to improve and maintain the physics system
- Assisting across the project with debugging, profiling, and optimisation, and performing diligent testing of changes
- Help mentor and guide junior members of the coding team
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Experience working in Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with Console development
- Experience developing gameplay for VR
- Private Healthcare Plan.
- Bonus Scheme.
- Enhanced Holiday Allowance.
- Pension Plans.
- Work remotely within the UK.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!