This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPM’s client is rapidly growing with many high-end games in development across multiple genres including Narrative Adventure and Action Shooter titles.
They are a team of professional, friendly developers who form a world class studio staffed with excited, passionate creators who love to collaborate across varied, inspiring, and challenging games.
The successful candidate will develop and iterate on player experiences across the multiple immersive-combat simulations scenarios, ranging from FPS to space flight combat.
- Professional experience as a Gameplay Programmer within games development.
- Solid understanding and experience programming in C++.
- Experience profiling and optimising CPU performance of real-time oriented systems.
- Good ability to work with 3D maths, vectors, matrices, linear algebra.
- Software engineering knowledge in areas such as OOP, design patterns & API development.
- You will prototype, implement, iterate and polish new and current gameplay mechanics and associated systems.
- You will respond to design feedback to help meet the creative vision of the game.
- You will offer constructive input to and feedback on potential new features during the initial design, prototyping, iteration, and polish stages.
- You will be a point of contact for designers, artists, and other coders for the systems you create and maintain.
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Experience with Console development
- Experience of working with game-play mechanics concerning narrative, action, or adventure games.
- Private Healthcare Plan.
- Bonus Scheme.
- Enhanced Holiday Allowance.
- Pension Plans.
- Work remotely within the UK.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!