Project: Unreal Engine – Console Games
OPM have patterned with an expanding Indie studio in the Brighton area looking to bolster the programming team to work on their next title for Console release.
The successful candidate will have a strong passion for programming in Unreal Engine 4. You’ll play a vital role in the systems design and implementation for our client’s new game IP.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 and understanding development pipelines
- Experience working with different disciplines to help with code solutions
- Experience with Unreal Animation systems.
- Experience with retargeting.
- Experience creating code systems for key gameplay elements
- Experience with working with source control repository systems.
- A strong understanding of game development fundamentals.
- Experience with Networking, specifically Networking animations.
- Experience with Blueprint.
- Experience with C++.
- Strong 3D Math Skills.
- Ability to create tools to streamline workflows, and to assist with QA.
- Ability to communicate well, work with multiple disciplines in the team.
- Be responsible for creating generic systems to support all aspects of the game
- Understanding performance and scalability concerns when creating systems
- Keeping code to a structured manner and following coding guidelines
- Debug and optimise current code systems.
- Implement provided animations within UE4 (e.g. via State Machines and Animation Blueprint).
- Guide the development team with planning, knowledge, and general technical support.
- Work closely with Animators, Engineering and Design to manage the overall look and feel of dinosaur and character animations in-game.
- Create runtime procedural animation systems to reduce animation workload and enhance believability/readability of characters in-game.
- Run performance testing and optimisation.
- Maintain clear documentation for use by internal teams.
- Plan, implement and maintain in-game technical animation solutions that are reliable, user-friendly and performant.
- Ensure animations play correctly both for single player, and multiplayer.
- Support both Creature animation and Character animation implementation within the game.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!