Project: Unreal Engine (UE4) – AAA Games
OPMs clients is seeking a Technical Director to join a well-known independent game developer’s studio based in Newcastle. The studio is looking to reshape the industry landscape and on a new generation of Online Shooters for the worldwide gaming community.
The successful candidate will provide the technical direction and leadership for their AAA games by establishing the engineering vision and leading the team to deliver all aspects of required tools, technologies, and processes.
- Extensive professional experience as a Lead Engineer in the software or games development
- Worked on a minimum of one multiplayer AAA title from start to finish as a technical lead
- Worked on a minimum of one UE4 based game as a Senior or Lead Engineer
- Exceptional understanding of C++
- Deep grasp of all the components required to develop modern large-scale infrastructure
- Experience establishing and maintaining roadmaps and technical plans
- Great understanding of software development practices
- Experience developing FPS or TPS Action games
- Experience developing server-client online games or the relevant technologies
- Experience working with Agile Processes
- Brilliant English communication skills
- Own and drive the overall technical vision and execution of the project
- Define a client-server architecture from scratch and making sure it can scale
- Define the overall architecture of all relevant game systems
- Strategize the pre-production of new project to outline technical challenges and barriers during the production phase
- Determine technical quality level of the product
- Manage the programming team and help them make the most out of their day-to-day by establishing coding guidelines, best practices, and leading regular code reviews etc.
- Create and maintain plans for mitigation of technical risks across development teams
- Review Design-Documents for large features or features that change the client's or backend's in a structural way
- Build and maintain a long-term technical roadmap for the game
- Ensure the technology roadmap is successfully implemented by setting the group of Technical Team Leads up for success.
- Provide and update high-level estimates for all areas of the game to the Executive Producer and help with prioritisation
- Ensure the technical vision for the project is aligned with the studio’s overall technical vision, by coordinating with the studio’s CTO
- Coach and mentor Technical Leads and take an active role in hiring new engineers
- Performance-based bonuses
- Private health care
- Business trips and integration events
- Comprehensive assistance in relocation
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!