Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers and developers, with well over 750 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Traffic Cop 3D and Makeover Studio 3D. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope and Die by the Blade.
With a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more places, we have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it’s paying off: Kwalee games have been downloaded in every country on earth! If you think you’re a good fit for one of our remote vacancies, we want to hear from you wherever you are based.
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
What’s the job?
As UX/UI Designer - you’ll design innovate, and analyze Kwalee Websites and help in optimizing the User Experience
What you tell your friends you do
“I am responsible for creating meaningful and seamless user experiences through design”
What you will really be doing
- Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Designing graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Building page navigation buttons and search fields
- Developing UI mockups and prototypes for the optimization initiatives that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Creating original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Preparing and presenting rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identifying and troubleshooting UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conducting layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhering to style standards on fonts, colours and images
- Conducting UX research such as usability interviews and usability tests.
- Interpreting design direction and implement it on the product level
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you will get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 200 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
- Expertise in UX software tools such as Adobe Suite, Adobe XD, JustInMind, Marvel, InVision (or similar tools)
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision
- At least 3 years of experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- A solid grasp of research methodologies, user-centered design, usability testing and accessibility
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients
- A creative mindset motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best
- Interest in mobile games
- Knowledge of UI/UX Design principles, User Experience research
- 2:1 or higher degree in a related discipline
- We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
- In addition to a competitive salary we also offer private medical cover and life assurance
- Creative Wednesdays! (Design and make your own games every Wednesday)
- 20 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Hybrid model available depending on the department and the role
- Relocation support available
- Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
- Monthly employee awards
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.