OPM’s client is on the lookout for a talented Vehicle AI/Gameplay Programmer who is passionate about open-world systems with a focus on realism, as well as memory and performance optimisation. This is a full-time permanent position based out of their unique game development studio in Edinburgh, Scotland.
The role centres very much around being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
- Develop, maintain and extend current vehicle behaviour and population systems.
- Prototype, design and implement new systems collaboratively with Physics, Network, Design and Engine teams to create realistic and fun vehicle mechanics.
- Tackle macro and/or micro level tasks, from improving polish on specific systems to working on higher level systems that will affect the feel of the wider game world.
- Focus on optimisation and performance all the while striving for more realism, believability and accuracy implementing systems with finite resources.
- Work together with other disciplines to deliver features on schedule.
- A degree in computer science, mathematics, or equivalent.
- Demonstrable C/C++ programming skills.
- Good math skills, knowledge of vectors, matrices and linear algebra.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Good team communication skills.
- Passion for playing and creating cutting edge video game experiences.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!