Project: AAA Games
OPM’s client’s is regarded as one of the most creative and exciting studios in the UK. They are currently seeking a talented and passionate VFX Artist to join their team.
- Make use of your skills in aesthetics and physics to create real world VFX
- Co-ordinate with designers, artists, and coders to design and implement those VFX
- Optimize your VFX to budget, test, measure and strive to improve performance
- Contribute to new techniques and workflows
- Design prototypes and pre-visualisation concepts to help establish visual effects direction and workflows
- Work alongside level design and gameplay teams to create visual effects that support gameplay requirements
- Produce clear and accurate technical documentation regarding VFX production and implementation procedures
- Work with the Graphical Rendering team/Technical Art team in the development and improvement of workflows and technologies to improve visual effect quality and performance.
- Work through all aspects of the VFX pipeline, which includes creating content from concept to final polished result
- Solid VFX experience in a relevant field
- Expert knowledge of real-time VFX authoring tools
- Proficiency with 3D packages for creating 3D assets
- Great knowledge of Photoshop and After Effects
- Strong and demonstrable understanding of the Principles of Real Time VFX
- Understanding of VFX impact on console performance
- Demo reel required
- Familiarity with UE4 (Cascade and Niagara)
- Excellent problem-solving skills for technically challenging tasks
- Experience in Unity (Shuriken), PopcornFX and other game engines for creating real time VFX
- Background with fluid dynamics simulation software, such as Houdini and FumeFX, for fire, smoke, fluid and soft/rigid body dynamics
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!