OPMs client are searching for a VFX Artist to work with the Art, Design and Tech art disciplines, you will be involved in content creation, help define and assist in developing scalable VFX workflow and work collaboratively, while always trying to push for the next level.
The successful candidate will have a passion for VFX, for working with other disciplines to make a difference, a passion for solving difficult problems and a drive for just making the best games possible.
- A professional portfolio
- Good knowledge of content creation packages (Houdini, Maya, Photoshop, EmberGen etc.)
- Development experience with at least one full project cycle as a VFX Artist
- Proficiency in creating pre-rendered simulations for use as particle flipbooks
- Good photoshop editing skills for creating textures for use with particle systems
- Good Experience creating VFX and PFX in Unreal Engine 4/5
- Good Experience with Unreal Engines Materials, Cascade / Niagara and Blueprints
- In depth knowledge of memory and performance impact of VFX from a content creation perspective.
- Experience with UE4/5 or similar engine
- Skills to communicate material to the art and design teams
- Excellent artistic ability
- Professional experience with using Houdini in other industries (e.g. films)
- Experience with fluid, soft or rigid body simulations
- Experience with other real-time particle systems
- Understand scripting and coding principles
- Experience with Quixel suite / Substance suite
- Passion for First Person Shooters
- Able to take and interpret direction and criticism as well as constructively critique the work of others
- Create high-quality in-game visual effects that work well with the visual direction of the game
- Have a keen artistic eye and ability to recognise quality and excellence, with a proficiency in using visual language to support player experiences and gameplay
- Demonstrate a strong command of timing, weight, realism, colour, volume, energy, particle aesthetics
- Strong understanding of 3D packages (for example Maya, Max or Houdini)
- Provide clear technical documentation regarding VFX production and implementation
- Lead by example, taking ownership for sections of the project’s VFX. This involves both sharing knowledge across the team, but also responsibility for supporting the planning, estimation and prioritisation of tasks
- You will help improve our existing set of shaders and material creation processes for VFX workflows
- Collaborate with the art lead, designers, artists and coders to design and implement VFX
- Ability to work well as a team member and collaborate with other senior artists
- You will help troubleshoot and provide solutions to visual effects related issues
- Full Time, Hybrid, Onsite with Relocation assistance to Cornwall UK
- Private health Insurance.
- Flexible Work Hours.
- 24/7 Employee Assistance.
- Quarterly social events.
- Dog friendly office!
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!