"To apply: Ref - 5098800. We are proud to be working with a massive player in the AAA world who are currently in development of a new action-adventure VR game. An opening has arisen for an experienced VFX Artist to join their team in the North to aid on this new game’s development. This will be a 3–6-month contract with a flexible and competitive Salary range.
The ideal person we are looking for will already have similar experience in the AAA games world.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Creating and designing high quality real-time visual FX for characters, environments, and gameplay.
• Assist in establishing the visual style of the VFX alongside the Art Director and Design team.
• Optimizing visual effects for performance while maintaining high-quality standards
• Maintain the production pipeline and meeting deadlines.
• The ability to work from photo reference or concept art, or found footage to deliver a fully game ready asset including texturing and shading in game engine
• Must have been part of a full dev-cycle of at least 1 shipped game
• Experience in creating a variety of game-ready visual effects and a strong understanding of the relevant technical requirements.
• Experience with Unreal Engine 4 and the Cascade / Niagara editors
• Outstanding creativity and a desire to contribute ideas to the project
• Experience with baked and real time destruction simulation
• Knowledge of Houdini.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world’s most exciting games studios, using cutting edge technology to create world class games, within a successful, highly talented and collaborative team.
To apply please send CV to Ayesha@ or phone 020 7580 6018 for a confidential chat (ideally over your cv / resume). We value close, personal relationships with our candidates and applications by this method tend to be more successful.