OPM’s client are looking for a World Design Director to join their world class Design team in creating a new AAA project.
The successful candidate will work alongside the Art, Technical and Creative leadership to design the vision and oversee the design, implementation and quality standards of Design for our AAA open world game.
- A drive and passion for creating meaningful and inspiring areas that players will want to explore.
- Excellent knowledge of the competition and the methods they use to create open-world play spaces.
- Good respect for combat spaces and the metrics used in their construction enabling dynamic and compelling battlespaces.
- The ability to operate both at a high world level but also at the low encounter-based level.
- High-Level awareness of environmental storytelling and knowing how to enrich the locations with this.
- Previously been credited on a number of shipped games as Lead level/world director, lead/ senior-level/world designer.
- Working knowledge of at least one of the major 3D modelling packages and being able to get hands-on to create environments
- Strong level design skills – capable of defining level metrics and consistently applying them
- Good understanding of what works and doesn’t in leading open-world games – especially how combat spaces and terrain narrative intersect
- Experience with procedural methods of content creation
- Working with the Creative Director to define, own and champion the project living world pillars and vision.
- Drive the development and creation of high-quality AAA environments.
- Be the representative for world design to all other parties.
- Work alongside the combat, AI, and narrative leads to design and implement gameplay enabling play spaces.
- Build up a world-class world and level design team by helping to interview and hire level designers.
- Be the mentor, guide, and leader of your team of handpicked designer
- Provide meaningful feedback to the world design team during a play session.
- Create and maintain a prospering level design culture within the world design team.
- Help drive the development of standard-setting world design tools and workflow.
- Ensuring a productive internal workflow and beneficial relationships with external partners.
- Working with other teams to develop immersion enhancing features such as weather and night/day systems
- Flexible Working hours & Flexible Friday.
- Flexible working conditions of Work from Home.
- Private health insurance, including dental.
- Relocation package & visa support.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!