This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPM’s client is seeking an experienced lead world / level designer to own and drive the creation of an immersive world for a new and ambitious AAA game.
- Collaborating with the Creative Director to define, own and champion the project living world pillars and vision
- Push the development and creation of high-quality AAA environments
- Work with the combat, AI and narrative leads to design and implement gameplay enabling playspaces
- Create a world-class world and level design team by helping to interview and hiring level designers
- Act as the mentor, guide and leader of your team of handpicked designers
- Offer meaningful feedback to the world design team during play sessions
- Build and maintain a prospering level design culture within the world design team
- Help drive the development of standard-setting world design tools and workflow
- Ensuring a productive internal workflow and beneficial relationships with external partners
- Collaborating with other teams to develop immersion enhancing features such as weather and night/day systems
- Work on a minimum of 2 shipped games either as Lead level/world director, lead/ senior-level/world designer
- Understanding of at least one of the major 3D modelling packages and being able to get hands-on to create environments
- Great level design skills – capable of defining level metrics and consistently applying them
- Strong understanding of what works and doesn’t in leading open-world games – especially how combat spaces and terrain narrative intersect
- Excellent communication skills – with the ability to communicate and collaborate across multiple teams
- Ability to lead by example and delegate as required
- 30 vacation days per year
- Flexible working hours
- Private health insurance including dental
- Relocation and VISA support
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!