||Junkfish is looking for an experienced Community Manager to join our Scottish BAFTA nominated team in Dundee. You will have the opportunity to join an expanding team to work on an ambitious and highly creative new project.
The Community Manager will promote our games and increase brand loyalty by finding, engaging and growing our community of fans globally and encouraging gamer activity.The ideal candidate needs to have experience in community management across multiple platforms including social media.
The Community Manager is an influential self-starter who is driven and organised. This ideal candidate should develop his/her own community management strategy.
The ideal candidate also needs to maintain strong relationships with internal teams such as development, operations and marketing as well as external partners worldwide.
- Develop innovative strategies and execute campaigns and projects to attract and engage loyal fans in order to grow a global passionate gaming community
- Set goals and analytics to measure effectiveness of initiatives to optimise campaigns for commercial success and create reports for distribution to management
- Be the consistent voice and face of the brands under our portfolio for the community by producing content (video, images, audio or written content) to post on social media and other platforms as blogs, interviews, comments
- Organise online and offline projects, programs and events for the community to maximise player engagement and promote games
- Manage the company image through effective public relations
- Establish and maintain partnerships with influencers, fan sites, corporations, service providers, etc., to cross-promote and gain relevant user traffic to grow the community
- Partner with other teams within the company (i.e. marketing, development team) for large community projects
- Provide editorial guidance to the company on best community practices for Junkfish brand communities and new trends
- Update and work with team on any key challenges within brand communities
- Manage users expectations and become the bridge between the community and developers, gathering feedback and communicating it back to the team.
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum 2 year experience in managing community, social media channels and content for a gaming, entertainment, large consumer goods, or technology company
- Passionate about gaming, TV, movies, technology, and overall pop culture
- In-depth understanding of social media and streaming channels including, but not limited to Twitch, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, and other gaming related platforms such as PlayStation Communities, Discord, Steam forums, Xbox Clubs etc.
- Experience with publishing calendars, reporting, analytics, and third-party relationship management
- Proven experience in defining, developing and executing community strategy in a brand conscious organisation
- Self-motivated and capable of developing new initiatives as well as managing multiple tasks with little supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with practical experience in writing and editing written content for all platforms
- Able to travel as required
- Experience in photo / video editing software such as Adobe Photoshop and Suite will be an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or any related field or equivalent work experience
- Social media following and influence in the gaming sector
To apply for this position, please send your CV to <a href="mailto:email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org
Junkfish Ltd. is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.