||With studios around the world, Keywords Studios is a leading technical services provider for global video games and beyond. With locations in Asia, the Americas and Europe, Keywords Studios has a breadth and depth in multiple industry-leading service lines including Art, Engineering, Audio, Functionality QA, Localization, Localization QA and Player Support. Working across all major platforms and in over 50 different languages, Keywords Studios provides support and expertise for its clients across the globe.
Keywords FQA is one of Keywords Studios brands offering Functional QA services. Some of the Functional QA services offered include Functionality QA Testing (FQA), Certification Testing (CQA), Cloud & Network Performance Testing (NPT), Stress / Load Testing, Performance Benchmark & Compatibility QA, Community & Crowd Testing Services (GBTN), Beta Testing Management, QA Consulting Services, QA Staffing & Insourcing (KES), QA Engineering and Development QA. The Keywords FQA team now employs more than 2,000 people.
Currently, we are looking for an experienced Regional FQA Director – North America whose main role will include:
- Oversee FQA setup and operations occurring in the Seattle, St-Jerome and Mexico studios.
- Oversee FQA setup and operations to occur in new upcoming North America studios.
- Plan, organize and deliver for growth of current 350 people / 3 studios operation, into a 1,000+ people / 5+ studios one.
- Account for all FQA studio operations under him/her, including P&L, quality of work, client relationships, and more.
- Work with the FQASL Director, FQA Managers, Studio Managers and Sales to grow teams, both locally and internationally.
- Support teams and make structural decisions to insure successful global deliveries.
- Develop and manage successful relationships with Keywords clients at a senior level.
- Manage, lead, motivate, coach and train assigned FQA Managers.
- Inspire local team to, always strive for and attain improvements and growth.
- Embody and preach Keywords Studios and Keywords FQA values.
- Improve and develop services within assigned studios and elsewhere, within the global KWFQA strategy.
- The FQA Director is expected to travel to other studios, mainly assigned FQA studios, as well as to VIP clients’ locations and relevant conferences across the world.
- The FQA Director is expected to travel an average of 20% outside his habitual studio on a yearly basis, with monthly peaks of up to 50% of his/her time.
- Fluent in English – written and verbal.
- Relevant experience in a Management or similar role in the Video Games or related industry.
- Knowledge and experience of accounting methodologies and ratios.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Master’s/Graduate degree an asset.
- Experience in an Account Management or sales-oriented role.
- Formal Project Management techniques or training (PMP, Agile, Scrum, etc.).
- Knowledge and application of various business and management concepts.
- Knowledge and application of change management and continuous improvements protocols.
- Knowledge of a project cycle and a games’ development process.
- Knowledge of Functionality QA and related testing services and processes.
- Understanding of Engineering and Development QA services.
- Understanding of all video game business services and processes.
- Strong proactivity, ownership, accountability and responsibility.
- Strong leadership skills and decision-making abilities.
- Strong emotional intelligence and awareness.
- Excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Capacity to delegate effectively, including decision making where appropriate.
- Agile, flexible and able to instill change.
- Skillful in conflict management and giving of constructive feedback.
- Results driven and able to lead a team to success.
- Encourages others to keep a high standard of quantity and quality outputs and leads by example.
- Honest & open communication
- Ability to meet deadlines in fast paced environments.
- Self-motivated, innovative and analytical with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Client-facing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and multiple project types concurrently.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize tasks and work effectively and decisively under pressure
- Ability to prepare, interpret and effectively utilize management information reports as well as recommend and implement effective solutions in sensitive situations.
- Familiarity with defect tracking tools, workflows, test case management tools, agile tools, and project tools.
- Advanced skills with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with budget and accounting software.