Data Scientist - Microsoft Studios - Rare - Twycross
Games Jobs - Business / Analysis / Metrics - Midlands
|Job Title||Data Scientist - Microsoft Studios - Rare - Twycross|
|Job Category||Analysis / Metrics|
Rare: we're not your typical developer. Our 30+ years in the game-making business have been dedicated to crafting one beloved title after another, constantly trying new things, and infusing the fun we have every day into the games we create. Check out the Rare Replay collection for three whirlwind decades of evidence! We strive to keep Rare a fantastic place to work, from its beautiful location and state-of-the-art facilities to a strong focus on work/life balance.
If you're a keen gamer, chances are you've already caught wind of our epic shared world pirate adventure Sea of Thieves, released in March 2018 and a journey we're committed to for the long haul even as we begin to think about what's out there beyond the horizon. With every day bringing new challenges and discoveries in equal measure, there's never been a more rewarding time to join our daredevil crew!
Our BI team is expanding! We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join our engineers and analysts supporting data tooling and intelligent decision making across the organisation.
• Support other team members in building strong, strategic relationships with key stakeholders across the business. Provide guidance on question framing and ensure current business challenges are reviewed and addressed in a scientific, measurable manner.
• Help teams and individuals across the business define their goals and construct aligned, accurate and actionable metrics for tracking performance.
• Carry out bespoke research/analysis to uncover actionable insights, supporting product/process improvement across the business. Deliver insights effectively through decks and reports.
• Identify impactful business use cases for advanced statistics, predictive data science and ML. Tailor, design and deliver scientific solutions as required to end users.
• Own, improve and promote analytic practices and scientific methods within the BI team. Endeavour to grow internal capability and skills, actively contributing to continuous growth.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• 4+ years of proven experience in applying predictive data analysis techniques to real-world business problems, ideally within the gaming industry or in an internet or technology environment.
• High level of numeracy with a quantitative/statistical background.
• Strong attention to detail, natural curiosity and an ability to problem-solve creatively.
• Proficiency in SQL, Hive and big data transformations.
• Experience with statistical software and machine learning techniques.
• Experience with visualising data in reports, dashboards and decks.
• Exceptionally strong communication skills (both written and verbal), strong collaboration skills and the ability to work effectively with diverse business users of different technical abilities.
• An independent learner who can identify knowledge gaps and opportunities for improvements and reach out for resource.
|Salary||Competitive + benefits|
|Job Category||Business / Analysis / Metrics|
|More||View other Microsoft Rare jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Microsoft Rare using their internal reference 498723.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|