Gameplay Animation Programmer - Microsoft Studios - Rare - Twycross
Games Jobs - Programming - Midlands
|Job Title||Gameplay Animation Programmer - Microsoft Studios - Rare - Twycross|
|Job Category||Gameplay,Animation Programmer|
Rare: we're not your typical developer. Our 30+ years in the game-making business have been dedicated to crafting one beloved title after another, constantly trying new things, and infusing the fun we have every day into the games we create. Check out the Rare Replay collection for three whirlwind decades of evidence! We strive to keep Rare a fantastic place to work, from its beautiful location and state-of-the-art facilities to a strong focus on work/life balance.If you're a keen gamer, chances are you've already caught wind of our epic shared world pirate adventure Sea of Thieves, released in March 2018 and a journey we're committed to for the long haul even as we begin to think about what's out there beyond the horizon. With every day bringing new challenges and discoveries in equal measure, there's never been a more rewarding time to join our daredevil crew!
Rare's game team is striving to build a richly detailed, fantastic online world and is searching for a talented Animation Programmer to help bring it, and its inhabitants, to life. Joining the game team in this role, you'll be responsible for driving the quality of animation by introducing new animation techniques and working closely with our talented Animators, AI and Gameplay Programmers to apply these to our game.
You'll care deeply about both the visual experience and utility to our players. The diverse and fantastical characters you create will draw players into our game with their responsive, fluid motion and their rich range of interactions. They'll also be well-grounded, exhibiting those subtleties and flourishes that truly connect them – and through them our players – with their environment.
• Take a key role in character creation, working from concept through delivery.
• Build a range of fantastical creatures, including complex, intelligent and expressive NPCs, in large-scale simulated worlds.
• Work on a full range of animation technology – such as character movement, player interaction, multi-character interactions, tools and multiplayer gameplay.
• Push the boundaries of your craft – drive uses of cutting-edge approaches and introduce AAA character animation techniques.
• Innovate, experiment, learn every day. Don't be afraid to fail.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Recent professional experience developing in C++.
• Demonstrable professional games experience or equivalent experience in related field.
• Experience with multiplayer games and replication.
• Practical familiarity with standard approaches in real-time animation.
• Experience working with animation state machines.
• Familiarity with Unreal Engine is desirable.
• Formal qualifications in Computer Science are desirable.
|Salary||Competitive + benefits|
|More||View other Microsoft Rare jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Microsoft Rare using their internal reference 468174.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|