Rendering Programmer - Microsoft Studios - Rare - Twycross
Games Jobs - Programming - Midlands
|Job Title||Rendering Programmer - Microsoft Studios - Rare - Twycross|
|Job Category||Graphics / Engine|
Rare: we're not your typical developer. Our 30+ years in the game-making business have been dedicated to crafting one beloved title after another, constantly trying new things, and infusing the fun we have every day into the games we create. Check out the Rare Replay collection for three whirlwind decades of evidence! We strive to keep Rare a fantastic place to work, from its beautiful location and state-of-the-art facilities to a strong focus on work/life balance.If you're a keen gamer, chances are you've already caught wind of our epic shared world pirate adventure Sea of Thieves, released in March 2018 and a journey we're committed to for the long haul even as we begin to think about what's out there beyond the horizon. With every day bringing new challenges and discoveries in equal measure, there's never been a more rewarding time to join our daredevil crew!
As a Rendering Engineer at Rare, you'll strive to implement state-of-the-art graphics techniques that can be used in all our titles.
Working as part of the Rendering team, you'll liaise closely with the Art and Design teams to help us achieve the artistic vision for our games.
You'll also be responsible for optimising rendering performance for different specs of hardware, to achieve the best possible visual fidelity on all our target platforms at a high framerate.
Graphics are vital to all of Rare's games, and as a member of the Rendering team you'll have a key role in driving the quality of visuals in our future titles.
• Develop new rendering tech that meets the requirements of titles in development.
• Profile and optimise rendering code, both on the CPU and GPU.
• Maintain existing rendering systems and extend their functionality when required.
• Support the Art teams and enable them to achieve their visual target.
• Push the boundaries of what's been achieved in graphics before, to create ever more impressive rendered game worlds.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Ideally 2+ years of experience developing real-time graphics.
• Recent professional experience developing in C++.
• Experience with DirectX 11, 12 and HLSL is desirable.
• Familiarity with Unreal Engine is desirable.
• Formal qualifications in Computer Science are desirable.
|Salary||Competitive + benefits|
|More||View other Microsoft Rare jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Microsoft Rare using their internal reference 446384.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|