||Our client is looking for an exceptionally skilled Vehicle Technical Artist.
Vehicle Artists design, build and texture all modes of transport within our game worlds. They are searching for a dedicated technical artist to support this team by creating and maintaining tools and pipelines. You will work in a specialized vehicle department within a larger team that is very passionate about making industry leading games.
You will have some experience in modelling, texturing and rigging a diverse range of vehicles of all types, exceptional knowledge of Maxscript, skeletons and rigs, game shaders, exporters/pipelines and memory profiling.
You should be well versed in current game art production methodology.
- Extensive experience using 3DStudio Max for modelling, and Adobe Photoshop for texturing.
- Extensive experience of Maxscript for writing tools. Python and C# will be a bonus.
- Experience of creating complicated rigs for mechanical animation.
- Knowledge of Motionbuilder and/or Maya for setting up complex rigs for animators.
- A full understanding of all current generation production workflows, as they pertain to vehicle art asset production.
- A critical awareness of the expense/cost of a game asset relative to the target engine/rendering requirements – poly counts and texture sizes.
- A great team-player: Self-motivated with good communication skills.
- Able to accurately follow common goals and time-driven set tasks whilst working under own initiative.
- Effective time management skills to deliver the brief to deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Skilled at feeding back on task progress to Leads and line managers.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other team disciplines (code, design, animation, tools).
- Relevant development experience in-studio or in vehicle modding scene.
- Have shipped current generation console titles as a production artist.
- Knowledge and understanding of a PBR based shader workflow.
- Experience with Substance Designer software suite or similar for shader development.
- Willingness to test and practically use new workflow tools, both internal and 3rd
- Strive to implement new techniques that increase art quality and efficiency across disciplines.
- Deep understanding and love of car culture.
- Knowledge of vehicle engineering systems and vocabulary.
- A modelling and texturing portfolio showing a varied range of 3D vehicle art will be a bonus.