||OPM are looking for an experienced Tech-Lead to join our team. You will be responsible for organizing and overseeing a team of talented programmers in our current and future projects. You should have the ability to shape a technical vision and work with the programmers to turn it into reality. The Tech Lead will directly help to define the course of development during all its stages.
- Guiding and overseeing our programmers as well as mentoring them
- Coordinating tasks and creating guidelines, including expansive documentation
- Establishing quality benchmarks and demonstrating knowledge
- Remain hands-on with the code
- Playing an active part in the recruitment of new candidates
- Responsible for tools that go along with features; ensure they are useable and appropriate for artists, games, and the engine
- Be forward thinking – able to keep up-to-date on current techniques, research, graphics data, hardware, etc. and integrate them into development
- Extensive experience in games-development
- Exceptional C++ programming skills and experience with multi-threaded programming techniques
- At least two PS4/Xbox One/WiiU/PS3/X360 games shipped, at least one while being involved during the entire development cycle
- Passion for mathematics and complex algorithms
- Good understanding and practical experience of optimization
- Experience managing and leading a team of programmers with various experience levels
- Outstanding verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
- Fluent English
Not required, but a huge plus:
- Additional management qualifications
- Extensive SPU and threading experience
- Substantial DX11, DX12, GNM or Vulkan experience
- Familiarity with a wide range of graphical rendering techniques
- Console experience on multiple major platforms
- Extensive optimization experience with Razor, GPAD, PIX and Spark (and any other relevant profilers)
- Unreal 4 experience
As well as an excellent salary they offer:
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days of holiday
- Competitive salary
- Green office
- Stability of a successful publisher paired with creative freedom of an independent studio
- Skype interview (case-by-case)
- Test-Task (ca. 8 hours, can be spread on two/three days, we will look more at the approach than at the result)
- Ideally on-site interview if possible + presentation of previous work
*Test task Information:
Here is some frequently requested information regarding the test task:
- The program should be written in C++. It should be delivered as source code with associated project files, compatible with the Microsoft Visual C++ or Microsoft Visual C++ Express Edition development environments
- A sample application is provided with the task to help get the applicant started.
- The sample application can be modified or used in any way to complete the task. The applicant is free to upgrade to any version of Visual Studio.
- The core of the application should be written in portable C++ and should not use features of Microsoft's Managed C++.
- All libraries required to compile and run the application should be included in the package uploaded to BFG.