||As an integral part of our clients Glasgow studio, the Crew Manager will report directly to the Head of HR and Facilities, and be charged with two main areas of work:
- Managing the effective utilisation of internal/external resources: The CM is charged with positively influencing global project schedules, ensuring best utilisation of internal resource and external suppliers to resolve scheduling conflicts and facilitate ongoing studio growth.
- Building reliable ongoing relationships with external partners and suppliers across the globe: Where it becomes necessary to resolve resource/scheduling challenges externally, the CM is responsible for finding, assessing and ensuring (quality-controlled, on budget and schedule) delivery from external suppliers. This will include single dept (e.g. animation) outsource projects, and full pipeline outsource projects (script to screen). Scale and content will range from 2-3 min cinematics, to 90 min Flaunt features.
The role will require collaboration with a range of stakeholders including Executive Producers (EPs), Producers, HODs and the Studio and General Managers. It will also require regular intra-national travel between their studios as well international partners in Europe, North and South America, Asia and beyond.
- Identify and resolve current and future resource/scheduling issues
- Identify hiring requirements to facilitate new projects or resolve scheduling conflicts
- Maintain and improve on internal resource utilisation
- Influence future project schedules based on availability of internal resources/external suppliers/recruitment bandwidth
- Negotiate for the best value for money, and maximise tax credits internationally
- Evaluate, hire, contract, re-allocate, and where necessary facilitate the termination of contracts with suppliers
- Maintain and improve relevant processes across the studio and the group in conjunction with the Production team, the HODs and the General Managers
- Work with EPs, HODs and Supervisors to produce bid packages and breakdowns
- Put the outcome for the group as a whole first.
- Anticipate risks and solve problems before and as they arise.
- Drive improvement and efficiency, remaining open to change and collaboration.
- Respond pro-actively to stress.
- Act confidently, but with compassion.
Be proficient in spreadsheet and database software inclusive of Excel and Shotgun.
- Have prior production and/or resource/crew management experience.
- Have relevant industry experience.