||Senior Level Artist – Games – India
Salary: Competitive for the area including housing, relocation and visa support
Job Type: Permanent
Projects: AAA Console Games
Note: This studio can sponsor a VISA but the candidate must have the required skills and experience in video games.
Established for over 20 years this developer provides game content services and well as full production services across all platforms.
They have worked on over 100 titles across all genres of games.
They are in a period of expansion and are looking to build their team of talented artists.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Become familiar with game design documents to know the environments, objects, atmospheres, story, and style to build their level
- Become familiar with the visual references and respect the chosen artistic direction
- Participate in the search of precise graphic references that are specific to their game level(s)
- Become familiar with tool installation methods and their settings, the project’s file nomenclature system, and the data updating processes in the engine
- Create documents that list and present the graphical content of the levels (objects, environments, atmosphere, lighting, styles, etc.)
- Help estimate, after assessing level content with the Producer – modelling, the working time and plan tasks per priority and per level
- Help establish the modelling and texture needs, place the order with the map modellers and texturers, and follow up on the progress and quality of the work with the PM-modelling
- Integrate the produced objects and textures into the level
- Creates the architectural and lighting elements of the level and integrate them
- Constantly optimizes his/her map and by, for example, adjusting the size of the pieces according to gameplay situations, after assessment with the level designer
- Participates in setting the properties of each of the objects in his/her map (e.g.: movement, collision, lighting effects, SFX, sound, etc.)
- Acts as a resource-person for the art team
- Oversee the debug process for all levels
- Verifies the quality of the maps once they are imported into the game and make any necessary improvements
- Remedies the bugs entered by the testers to eliminate any anomalies
Skills & Requirements:
- Expert knowledge of Unreal engine 4.
- Accomplished at scene building, with a focus on composition and an understanding of how this fits with game and level design.
- Understanding of tools, techniques, best practices and technical limitations related to real-time environment creation.
- Multiple shipped titles within the industry, preferably in a similar role.
- Strong communication and mentoring skills.