||Our client is currently building a team in London to lead development on a new and highly ambitious MMORPG. They are looking to grow a relatively small, tight-knit team, capable of delivering big ideas through experience, smart process, and world-class tools.
They are looking for an experienced VFX Artist to join this growing team, responsible for creating the combat and environmental FX that will help bring their game worlds to life. You should demonstrate a strong ability to create impactful and readable FX within the constraints of a real-time engine.
- Work closely with the Art Lead and Key Stakeholders to define the visual style and language for the games VFX in line with the projects art style and design requirements.
- Collaborate with the teams Art and Technical Leads to define the VFX benchmark standards and technical requirements.
- Collaborate with the Production team and Art Leads to develop the projects VFX production schedule.
- Work with Tech Artists and Programming team to establish and implement VFX workflows and pipelines.
- Collaborate with the teams Art and Design Leads to create storyboards that visually describe the games key VFX.
- Ensure all assets are delivered against agreed technical specifications and quality bars and are present and functioning in the game engine as intended.
- Ensure all assets meet the games visual style.
- Maintaining benchmark quality standards throughout the production cycle and timely delivery of assets.
- Extensive experience in AAA game development and at least 1 commercially released title.
- Strong communication skills as you will be working with key stakeholders to solve problems as well as keeping the production team up to date with progress and any issues that may arise throughout production.
- Strong core skills in real time particle simulations, motion, colour theory and storytelling.
- Expert knowledge of industry standard 3D and 2D software, 3DS Max, Maya, Photoshop, etc.
- Expert knowledge of industry standard VFX Editors, pipelines and workflows from initial asset creation to implementation within game engine.
- Experience of working with Unreal Engine 4 Cascade and the creation of Unreal materials and shaders.
- A passion for AAA video games, ideally MMOs, MOBAs and aRPGs.
- Strong ability and desire to push quality while maintaining technical performance.
- Experience working with the UE4 blueprints system and common UE4 tools.
- Experience with Maya Fluids, FumeFX or Houdini.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Mel, Maxscript or python would be advantageous.