||Our client is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Art Director who will be responsible for inspiring, leading, and driving the artistic process, from conception to final product.
As Art Director you will be working closely with the Creative Director to establish the vision and define the look and feel of a new unannounced game. You will focus on visual development, and work closely with the entire art team as well as the Producers and Leads.
You will ensure that the quality and integrity of this new game meets or exceeds its initial vision and competes with industry standards with regards to visual quality.
The first project for this position will be on a new open-world multiplayer game that is in early concepting stage, to enter pre-production in Q4 2018.
- Collaborate with Producers, Leads, and other managers to assemble a quality art team
- Lead and motivate the art team to realize overall goals and deliver a successful project on time
- Assist the Producer and the Leads in the creation and overall management of the art schedule and resource plans
- Provide ongoing constructive feedback to Artists to improve quality and maintain style/visual pillars and “art bible”
- Be stakeholder on visual quality and sign off on finished art assets
- Develop and/or update the Art Bible, ensuring that the art team’s style remains consistent
- Support Leads and Producer to keep studio executive staff and/or marketing staff up to speed on product status and vision through the preparation and presentation of appropriate project materials (e.g., milestone updates, demos, etc.)
- Participate in hiring efforts for new team members
- Mentor and serve as a resource for the team
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products
- Extensive prior game industry experience
- Worked on a minimum of 2 video games as a Lead/Art Director demonstrating a high visual bar for quality
- A. degree or equivalent hands-on work experience
- Understands game production design process and methodology
- Demonstrates an understanding of storytelling, craftsmanship and continuity
- Effective communication with peers, art staff and senior management
- Ability to balance impacts of deadlines and resources with style and quality requirements of a title's art direction
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems efficiently
- Ability to maintain and hit deadlines in situations of intense schedules
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work cooperatively collaborate with the team spanning artists, programmers and designers, and to achieve the best results
- Ability to communicate effectively with executive level staff on a broad range of topics: technical, business, and creative
- To have good written and oral communication skills in English
- To have a passion for games and your profession
- To relocate to Oslo
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing