||OPM are collaborating with a Canadian Independent video game development company based in Toronto. They focus on the development of web-based, Facebook, and mobile video games.
They are currently seeking a Director of Technology/Technical Director to provide tech guidance and set the direction for the technical development of the studio.
This is a strategic leadership opportunity which reports directly to the CEO. The Technical Director will be experienced in game engines, tech pipeline architecture, platform engineering, and continuous delivery in an agile framework.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Technical leadership and strategy that aligns and drives company goals and needs
- Own the technical roadmap and lead architecture to facilitate portfolio-level architecture processes
- Drive innovation and implementation of our core technology platforms
- Building and scaling highly effective development teams
- Lead and scale all technology initiatives
- Ownership for the technical quality of the product and architecture standards
- Lead a high-velocity agile software processes with continuous delivery
- Provide technical expertise to develop cutting-edge technologies, including architecture, designing, prototyping, implementing, testing and debugging, documenting, maintenance and support
- Defines team organisation and composition for execution and delivery by hiring, managing, and mentoring key delivery team leaders
- Own technical best practices, continuous deployment and integration improvement
- Drives key decision making for all aspects of strategy and planning for the engineering department
- Foster a culture of open, honest, and respectful communication across all disciplines
- Participate in recruitment, training & coaching to enhance individual effectiveness and professional growth
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
- Extensive experience as a technical leader
- In-depth knowledge of technical concepts and strategies which align with business goals
- Proven track record of driving technical excellence
- Prior experience building distributed platforms, systems and/or game engines that are scalable
- Experience leading and scaling multiple teams, along with mentoring developers
- Extensive software architecture experience
- Candidates must be passionate about gaming, strong preference will be given to prior gaming industry experience.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms - AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Familiar with HTML5 engines and current or emerging technologies such as Web Assembly and/or other emerging web technologies
- Experience with Database architecture and design: both relational and nonrelational