||Our client, based in Leeds, England makes Virtual Reality games for established IPs. They make both mobile and console VR games. Their goal is to maximise the value of their prior work experiences to efficiently progress game concepting, design, production and testing.
They are now looking for an experienced Project Manager to join the team in-house, whose main responsibility will be to guide their next VR console project to a successful release. This will be achieved by the timely completion of agreed deliverables and milestones to a very high standard.
Objectives for the role:
- Provide overall project direction and ensure that the project’s goals, objectives and milestones are consistently achieved and never compromised.
- They regularly send deliverables to 1st party vendors - you’re responsible for their safe delivery as well.
- Maintain and be responsible for the project schedule, including task breakdowns and assignments.
- Projects run best when everyone is pulling together, and you’ll be helping to hand out the ropes.
- Head up and take ownership of internal and external project reporting, both to stakeholders and to the team itself.
- You should be a one-stop-shop for project knowledge, from the strategic view all the way down to the weeds.
- Drive daily scrums, organise retrospectives and planning sessions, and encourage the team’s continuous Scrum adoption. Be seen and keen to remove the team’s blocks.
- They work in an iterative way, and you’ll be championing that as we go.
- Become the primary force for change and improvement in the studio, helping to implement or initiate new processes as needed.
- The studio wants to deliver high quality products in time and on budget - this will be your mission too, and you’ll use your experience and expertise as tools to keep things cutting edge.
- A passion for video games, VR, video game development, and the video game industry
- Experience leading and working in an Agile environment, specifically Scrum
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- Extensive experience as a Video Game or Software Producer / Project Manager where products were delivered on time and to a high quality
- Excellent presentation skills, demonstrating the ability to influence others
- Knowledge of the software development process, project management, and performance management
- Awareness and understanding of key genres, industry trends and upcoming technologies (especially VR and AR)
- Degree educated
- Must be willing to relocate to Leeds, England
- You must be eligible to work in the UK/EU