||In close collaboration with the Art Director, develops a full usable asset related to characters and creatures that is to be used in the game, utilizing the latest tools and technology.
- Delivers a working character asset in game engine.
- Works with the art director to research and study the said character
- Understands the needs of game design
- Understands the needs of the Animation team
- Works with technical artists to understand the budgets and constraints.
- Works with all the stake holders to have a technically sound asset
- Defines technical standards for the character team.
- Is the quality benchmark champion
- Inspires other artists to high standards of artistic and technical ability
- Provide ongoing informal and structured technical feedback to colleagues.
- Facilitate the continued professional growth of fellow team members.
- Contribute to the estimation, planning, and prioritization of tasks.
- Identify and communicate risks and issues.
As a Senior Character Artist. This role requires more than just working on characters. It could include vehicles, creatures and props. Joining in at the start of a project, it will require some multi-disciplinary that includes understanding of needs from other developers that has dependencies with the character being developed. This role will also need full autonomy on tasks and the candidate needs to be on top, manage and prioritize his own tasks.
- Extensive experience in a AAA development environment
- Shipped a minimum of 2 AAA titles as a Character artist
- Worked with a team of character artist with experience in leading a small team
- Ability in self-managing tasks
- Expert in 3d authoring tools: Zbrush, 3ds Max
- Solid proficiency in Substance painter and designer
- Strong grasp in other domains related to characters, (3c, Animation, Rigging)
- Ability to work with multiple type of characters: Humans, Creatures, Hard surface characters.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in working 3rd party game engines
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent formal qualification) in a relevant field (or equivalent experience).
- Experience developing with Unity.
- Experience developing multiplayer games or networking systems.
- Experience developing large-scale / open-world / sandbox games.
- Experience developing games as a service (architecture suited to rapid, live integration).
- Experience in a lead role.
- Proficiency in documentation and communication.
- Working knowledge of Atlassian software development and collaboration tools.
- Experience working in diverse, multinational teams.
- Practical experience using a variety of modern game engines and tools.
- Fluency in Dutch and Korean languages.