|| My client and I are looking for an experienced VFX Artist to work on an upcoming AAA standard Console and PC game.
- Creating ambient environment effects that enhance mood, tell a story, and make the world feel alive
- Working with the designers to create effects for scripted events and story moments
- Creating gameplay effects that make the world feel exciting, and that give the player necessary gameplay feedback
- Working with the lighting department to create atmosphere, a sense of depth in the scene, and to reinforce the colour palette.
- Creating high-fidelity effects for cinematics and marketing material
- Innovating new techniques for next-gen hardware, and work with the engineers to expand the VFX toolset
- Analysing the scene for performance issues, and ensure all effects are built in the most efficient way possible
- Using every tool at your disposal to create effects for the game (traditional particles, pixel shaders and vertex shaders for animated materials, baked physics simulations, stock animation, etc.)
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
- HLSL shader creation experience
- Texturing, modelling, skinning, animation, or lighting experience is a plus
- Shipped-title experience
- Experience in the video game industry in a related position
- A critical eye for the timing, animation, and motion of real world objects and visual effects
- Experience with a variety of techniques and tools for creating VFX animation (standard particle systems, fluid sims, physics sims, etc.)
- An understanding of the constraints of real-time VFX is critical.
- Experience creating pixel and vertex shaders
- Ability to create all source art needed for VFX (textures, geometry, flipbooks, normal maps, vector field textures, etc.)
- Desire and knowledge of how to push our effects and editing tools further
- Ability to collaborate with Artists, Designers, and Programmers to work through artistic and technical challenges.
- Ability to think outside the box to come up with more efficient techniques
Interested in this job? Applications are reviewed continuously so please email your CV along with a link to your portfolio.
Declan Blayney | Art Consultant | OPM Response Ltd
The salary bracket is approximate and is no guarantee of the income on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.