||Rebellion are looking for an experienced, resourceful and creative Marketing & Social Executive to lead the studio’s content charge in an exciting 2019 packed with unannounced AAA projects on PC, PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
This role is full-time. We are a licensed visa sponsor and can consider both permanent or fixed-term employment but not freelance, agencies or remote working.
You will give Rebellion - and our in-house games - a voice with engaging content tailored to different objectives, and relish running “point” as the Oxford studio’s resident social media and content marketing expert.You’ll plan exciting digital campaigns well ahead of key reveals, events and PR beats, and at the same time keep an eagle eye on new opportunities and trends every day.
You’ll play a key role in the PR, marketing and community teams, contributing to strategy and working closely with game devs, artists, video editors, web developers and more.This is an exciting and varied role for someone with a passion for games and an understanding of why digital marketing content can be so important to independent studios like Rebellion.
- Plan, schedule, deliver and review social media marketing campaigns for Rebellion’s official Twitter, Facebook, Instagram accounts and other channels, and those of our key brands.
- Brief, write or create brilliant content that grows our communities, engages fans and contributes to marketing strategies for a range of projects.
- Work closely with our PR Executive, Community Manager and Marketing Analyst to ensure a consistent approach, and meet regularly with your counterpart at Rebellion Warwick.
- Collaborate closely with art, video and web teams on a daily basis
- Brief, monitor and update our Rebellion and brand websites
- Write copy for related digital content such as store pages and email newsletters.
- Contribute to the team’s marketing knowledge by keeping a keen eye on both the market and your own campaigns, sharing your findings regularly.
- Liaise with important external partners such as first parties, advertisers, digital stores and distributors in a professional and timely manner.
- Represent Rebellion at public and industry events alongside the team, developers, publishing partners, and others.
- Enjoy the freedom to pitch in to Rebellion projects that interest you. Staff from the team have previously been filmed for live action trailers, trained to capture drone footage, volunteered at 2000 AD events, and even been the face of Sniper Elite 4’s main baddie (no, not Hitler)!
At least three years’ experience briefing, creating, delivering, managing and analysing social, community or marketing content in video games or a related field.
- Excellent copy writing skills with rock-solid grammar, combine with a sharp attention to detail and the ability to write in multiple tones of voice for different formats and platforms.
- An understanding of the marketing planning process and where social media and content marketing fits into this.
- A grasp of the typical marketing and dev schedules for “AAA” console and PC titles and the industry’s annual “heartbeat”: from reveals to launches, alphas, betas, E3, and more.
- Excellent knowledge of current trends, and the strengths and weaknesses of the core social media channels used by gamers.
- Significant hands-on experience using social media tools and web apps to schedule and deliver content.
- Well-worn organisational skills for working to multiple deadlines on multiple projects at the same time, including working with external teams towards a shared goal.
- The confidence to work independently on both short and long-term tasks, and a willingness to collaborate with multiple teammates on ever-shifting projects and timelines.
- Experience analysing core marketing metrics and presenting your findings in regular reports or meetings.
- A love for playing video games and a passion for understanding what excites their communities!
Desirable additional skills;
- Experience with Photoshop or other video/image editors preferred, but not essential
- Experience with paid digital advertising campaigns is preferred, but not essential
- Holidays: 25 days paid annual leave plus all bank holidays (33 days total)
- Hours: flexible start and finish times
- Pension: contributory pension scheme where company matches 3%, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Cycle Scheme: spread bike payments over 12 months, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Childcare Vouchers: for nurseries, holiday care and after school clubs, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Eye Test Vouchers: free eye tests and additional discounts on glasses/contact lenses
- Introduction Bonus: £2k or more for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Free Stuff: Rebellion Steam titles, GDC Vault access, Autodesk home licence for 3D artists (for personal use only, we actively discourage working from home!), digital 2000AD/Solaris/Abaddon/Ravenstone copies, game and film library
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000AD merchandise, discounted membership at The Athlete Centre gym 200 metres from Oxford studio
- Culture: friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance (anti-crunch)
- Social: annual company events (Summer BBQ & Christmas Party), various ad-hoc events and out-of-hours social groups such as photography, board games, football, baking, etc
- Oxford Location: local pub, M&S and Waitrose, 10 minute walk to train station and 20 minute walk to city centre