||ABOUT REEDPOP: ReedPOP is the largest producer of pop culture events in the world. We build fun on a daily basis and deliver once-in-a-lifetime experiences for fans around the globe. ReedPOP is built upon a "fan first" philosophy, a culture of creativity and an office environment that is open and collaborative. We are a kind-hearted, hard-working, fun-loving group of folks who never take ourselves too seriously. Ask us what the best parts about working at ReedPOP are and we’ll quickly answer “our people and the fans.” We are a boutique team with all the resources of a large global organization which provides us with the freedom to build fun new businesses and connect fans through the passions they share. Our customers include Microsoft, Sony, Lucasfilm, Nintendo, Square Enix, Marvel, Twitch, DC and millions of fans from all over the planet. We are constantly hard at work, making things happen and always trying to deliver more than what is expected of us.
WORKING FOR REEDPOP: ReedPOP wants individuals who demonstrate initiative, an inquisitive mind, an entrepreneurial spirit, a creative vision, an obsession with making things better, a passion for solving puzzles, the humility to laugh at yourself, the willingness to ask for help when you're over your head (you will be), the ability to deal (healthily) with multiple projects, tight deadlines and demanding partners. We work how we live and we apply our passion for pop culture to every aspect of what we do. We want someone who can't help but wake up at 3 AM thinking about improving the experience for our fans. Our culture is creative, fun, supportive, open without exception, and as with all positions at ReedPOP, the focus is on fans first, regardless of if they're in a three-piece suit or walking around with a four-foot sword made out of cardboard. At ReedPOP, we’ve found that positive, genuine, good-hearted people make great co-workers, so that’s the type of person we hire. Bring us your creativity, personality, customer focus and enthusiasm for pop culture – we can’t wait to meet you!
WHAT’S COOL ABOUT THIS JOB: PAX is a festival for gamers of all genres to come together and celebrate the culture of gaming. Unreleased games, big booths, compelling panels, game music concerts, the gaming community and industry support puts PAX far above any other gaming show on the planet. What makes PAX special is its total focus on community, culture and the gamers themselves. The PAX Account Executive must be a sharp, impressive hustler that is willing to be completely immersed in the gaming industry in order to identify customers and trends that will lead to sales while still keeping the integrity of what PAX is in focus. The goal is to build lasting, direct, intimate engagement between brands and the highly influential fans from across the world that come to PAX. You will be responsible for achieving specific sales goals by cultivating, managing, engaging, retaining and monetizing relationships that you build with your customers. This role is very entrepreneurial in nature and is attached to one of the fastest growing segments of our business. What could be cooler than that?
BRING YOUR PASSION AND EXPERTISE:
- We want you to be a creative thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Must possess the ability to follow through the entire sales cycle with a high attention to detail
- Ability to effectively sell and present face to face with all levels of prospects from coordinator up to C level
- Proactively monitor the latest industry trends, competitive environment, sponsorship climate, the big players and main issues in order to make educated recommendations regarding our sales strategy for specific events
- Work with the PAX Team and senior management to develop ongoing retention strategies, new sales tools and innovate programs that will drive annual increases in overall event retention for your assigned territory
- Create and cultivate a "one team" approach through collaboration with event management, marketing, content, and operations
- You should have some swagger and good self-confidence but make sure you check your ego at the door
- Ability to understand and sell multiple products across multiple events
- Have an ownership mentality and operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to your customers
- Successfully adhere to all productivity standards and utilize the latest best practices and standards including inputting accurate and complete data, managing your territory, hitting daily output goals, weekly strike rates and managing your assigned budgets
- Personally secure all signed contracts and ensure that payments for all space reservations and sponsorships are made in full and sent in on time
- Identify and grow new opportunities within your territory and collaborate with the show teams as well as the ReedPOP ACTIVATE team to ensure and cultivate new growth
- Be innovative in your approach and always think about what will authentically appeal to the audience while also delivering the results that your clients are looking for
- Must maintain an eye for detail on all activations big and small, while communicating with the team to meet deadlines and drive awareness
- Focus on the retention of all current and previously lapsed exhibiting customers in your territory
- College degree in a relevant field or equivalent business training or experience
- Two or more year’s prior sales experience required.
- Experience in sponsorship and/or media sales in the entertainment, gaming, sports or pop culture industries preferred
- Strong copy writing skills are required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional level knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Event industry experience preferred
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions that will resonate with core audiences
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence at all organizational levels including executive and C-level
- Must be highly collaborative with a “We” not “Me” mentality.
- Highly organized, detail oriented & proactive with a strong ownership sensibility
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and always willing to take the initiative to create something new
- You must be resourceful and willing to find creative solutions that will help you achieve your goals
- We want a social and empathetic person that will truly care about our audiences and live for making them happy as often as possible
- You should be team-oriented and collaborative with the ability to manage relationships with internal and external partners.
- You should be a happy, optimistic person that enjoys seeing the big picture while striving to create a great future for our brands
- Must be flexible and able to adjust within a fast-paced work environment with unpredictable deadlines and schedules.
- Ability to multi-task, shift priorities and focus on finding solutions
- You should be flexible in your viewpoints, always looking for the best ideas and ready to be an advocate for ideas other than your own
- Must be a humble person that is secure enough in yourself to be able to ask for help, say “I don’t know” and always learn from your mistakes.
- A true passion for pop culture and our fans
- Some domestic and possibly international travel is required. Approximately 6-8 times per year