||Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Graphics Programmer for a key role working on Remedy’s projects.
- Develop, design, modify, optimize and debug rendering pipeline and engine systems
- Deploy, evaluate performance and test software on Xbox One/PS4/Windows platforms
- Communicate features and collaborate with engineering, design and art teams
- Participate in the design, performance and code review process
- Contribute to the design and roadmap of an industry-leading AAA engine
Requirements and qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Math related field
- 3+ years of experience working with Computer Graphics and/or other game-related technologies
- Background with code and data optimization
- Strong math skills
- Knowledge of CPU, GPU and memory architectures
- Experience writing shaders in HLSL, Cg or GLSL
- Fluent in a modern 3D graphics API (OpenGL, Direct3D, or console equivalent)
- Familiarity using modern GPU/CPU performance analysis tools
- Strong background in C/C++
- Solid debugging skills including ability to debug at an assembly-level when necessary
- Good communicator that enjoys collaboration with other programmers, artists and designers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
The ideal candidate will also have
- Background with parallel programming and multi-threaded renderers
- Experience with PS4 GNM, Direct3D 12 and/or Vulkan APIs
- Demonstrated ability to write efficient, clean, readable, portable, and reliable code
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable.
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but we our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered a competitive compensation with a generous profit sharing bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.