||We are looking for French speakers to join us as French Localisation Testers within the Lincoln Quality Assurance team, based in Lincoln, UK. You will be expected to analyse Rockstar products and services and find issues related to the implementation of localisation. You will play through our latest games on all platforms, looking for problems and reporting errors, to ensure game quality before release.
- Analyse Rockstar Products and Services to identify and correct issues related to localisation.
- Accurate, detailed and complete reporting and subsequent revision of those errors or problems.
- Proofreading and looking for inconsistencies in context and style throughout large text files – ensuring the language text matches the English.
- Ensuring that any localised 1st party terminology is compliant with latest naming convention documentation.
- Providing translations when required.
- Tracking and ensuring consistency of in-game terminology between languages and projects.
- Researching topics relating to our games to ensure authentic and accurate contextual use of language.
- Providing critical analysis and feedback in report form, in a clear and concise way.
- Working closely with peers and other departments to share ideas and suggestions, involving others in decision-making.
- Completing assigned tasks within the allocated deadline; working extra hours when necessary to finish those tasks.
- Learning about and adhering to our internal systems and processes, as well as detailed publisher guidelines and standards.
- Excellent language ability in the specific language (written/spoken), as well as cultural knowledge of the target territory.
- A keen interest in video games.
- Degree level educated.
- A good level of spoken & written English.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office suite – especially Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of all the current generation of games consoles and PCs, and the latest mobile platforms.
- Previous games industry or localisation/translation experience.
- Experience with a variety of relevant software and hardware.
- An interest in and understanding of the video game industry.
- Comfortable in expressing thoughts and opinions constructively.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CMS tools.
- The ability to work well under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Self-motivation and a proactive attitude.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to work productively and collaboratively within a team environment, and respect others' opinions.
- Flexibility regarding unsociable and extended working hours to meet the demands of the role.
- An aptitude for and a keen interest in languages and translation.
- Salary: £21,000 plus overtime pay and benefits. This is a full time, permanent position.
- If you have a work permit, provide details of your nationality, the issue date of your visa and the expiration date. If you are short-listed for interview, you will be asked to provide documentation in support of your legal right to work in the UK.