||At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Lincoln is on the lookout for a talented QA Supervisor of Online Services who possess a passion for ensuring quality in all aspects of video games. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game studio in Lincoln, UK.
WHAT WE DO
- Ensure the quality and reliability of Rockstar’s Online Services in support of multiple Industry-leading titles.
- Management of the internal Online Services QA team, planning and scheduling of all tasks, whilst dealing with day to day queries.
- Working with Production and Development teams from the wider Rockstar studios to gather test requirements, prioritise testing and develop working deadlines.
- Working with Development, production and QA teams to develop and maintain test plans that help build confidence in ongoing development work.
- Working with Social Club QA Leads to ensure all testing requirements are covered and met according to agreed deadlines and specification.
- Monitoring and reporting testing progress of the Social Club QA team, ensuring deadlines are being met and high priority defects are being escalated quickly to the development teams as necessary.
- Preparing and conducting annual performance reviews with the Social Club QA Leads.
- Working with the Social Club QA team to develop, review, and sanction proposals for process and system improvement. Cultivating a working environment designed to maximise creative approaches to problem solving across the entire Social Club QA team.
- Raising awareness of ongoing Social Club work that may impact on other QA teams, detailing changes and new features that may impact ongoing QA or development work.
- Over 5 Years’ experience working at a Senior QA level in the games industry.
- Knowledge of all the current generation of games consoles and PCs and the associated software and hardware.
- Experience of working in Agile and Waterfall development models.
- Experienced in writing business reports and proposals.
- A motivational, inspirational, trusting and supportive management style.
- Knowledge of and experience with the Microsoft Office suite.
- The ability to motivate and inspire teams in all circumstances.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Pro-active and highly self-motivated – Able to start and bring tasks to a conclusion.
- Able to deal with difficult situations with tact and discretion.
- Able to continuously monitor performance, identify problems and suggest solutions.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with a variety of database software.
- Experience of testing Web based applications and Web Sites.
- Previous Project Management experience.
- Experience of using Online service tools such as Fiddler and Wireshark.
- Qualification in a Management or Computer Science related field.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar Games recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.