||Role Overview – Artist (Contractor / 3 Month minimum FTC)
As a SEGA HARDlight Artist, you will work with the Art Team to concept, prototype and produce 3D and 2D artwork for all our games. In an industry that thrives on its visuals, candidates will be expected to create high fidelity and visually appealing game visuals to deliver the best end-user experience at one of the UK’s leading developers & international publishers.
- Work closely with the Lead Artist and Art Director to create exemplary 2D & 3D assets with opportunities to work on animations, FX and concepts
- Assist in prototyping new game ideas and sharing ideas on new designs and game concepts
- Maintain existing game titles with new content updates and helping to develop guides and structure for internal and external artists to follow
Essential Skills & Experience
- 3+ Years’ experience in a related industry (Web, Mobile, Graphic Design or Console Games)
- Excellent visual design skills with regard to colour theory, shape and form, anatomy as well as technical understanding to execute them in 2D and 3D media
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively, with great communication skills and an ability to clearly articulate reasoning behind design decisions
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to clearly structure their own work and help educate others to maintain a high level of implementation standards
- Strong time management and organisation skills and an enthusiastic team worker
- Above all else, passion and enthusiasm for making games are essential! You care about the games we are making and how they can be better!
REQUIRED: A portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skill
- A strong & diverse portfolio demonstrating 3D and 2D artworks
- Experience of creating assets for use in Unity – importing, setting up materials, prefabs etc…
- Low poly modelling with non-baked textures (Hand painted / Photoshop work) and High poly modelling suitable for rendering
- Full understanding of asset pipeline creation from concept to engine ready models and renders
- Diverse art styles appreciated – from stylised through to realistic
Why work at HARDlight?
- Free breakfast and fruit
- The opportunity to be a large part of a small team, developing innovative titles with a huge SEGA back catalogue
- Based in the ‘Heart of England' in stunning historic Royal Leamington Spa, with great connections to London & Birmingham