||Role Overview – QA Technician
Working on HARDlight titles before & after they are released. You’ll be responsible for testing our titles to ensure they are free from any ‘bugs’ and giving feedback on playability as the team strives for quality. The successful candidate will be involved in many areas of our digital title production.
You will also provide feedback on test team performance to the Lead QA Tester in order to maximise productivity and identify areas of development or training needs.
- Finding bugs & identifying their severity and reproduction steps for the development team
- Feedback on quality & playability in our games
- Enter professional, clear, accurate and complete bug descriptions
- Honestly and effectively communicate important issues and actively work with all colleagues in the Studio to produce quality titles
- Bug database management, ensuring that the quality of the bugs meets the required standard and the database is kept in a tidy order
- Be a point of reference for the QA team, imparting knowledge and mentoring more junior members
- Ensure you have a deep understanding of the project you are working on.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Clear and concise communicator, both written and verbally
- High standard of work and willingness to meet and exceed expectations
- Proactively help and assist colleagues and maintain a ‘can do’ attitude when under pressure
- Technical proficiency and an understanding of different mobile platforms, hardware and peripherals
- Ability to proactively think ahead and identify tasks that need to be carried out and the motivation to complete these on own initiative
- Ability to work unsupervised and maintain focus and commitment
- Flexibility to work additional hours on occasion
- Ideally educated to degree level
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs grade C or above, two of which must be English Language and Mathematics.
Why work at HARDlight?
- Industry leading competitive salary & benefits. Including (but not limited to), Family Healthcare, Pension
- Flexible working hours
- Season ticket loan for Rail travel
- Generous Developer Bonus Scheme
- Free breakfast and fruit
- The opportunity to be a large part of a small team, developing innovative titles with a huge SEGA back catalogue
- Based in the ‘Heart of England' in stunning historic Royal Leamington Spa, with great connections to London & Birmingham.