||Role Overview – UX Designer
As a UX Designer, you'll be responsible for the design work in a high-scope product area that is complex and unclear. The role will generally encompass multiple feature designs and span across teams. You'll work from concept through development and collaborate with other designers to achieve your goals into best-in-class interaction flows and products. You will transform those flows into beautiful and intuitive user interfaces and wireframes to help promote the games eco-system to our gaming public.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Work closely with the design and publishing team across all HARDlight projects to deliver the best user experience in our mobile titles.
- Work closely with the UI team to create UI visual benchmarks as well as animation prototypes.
- Act as the user-advocate during the development process, subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing and expert review to iteratively improve solutions.
- Provide continuous, relevant feedback and improvements to the game UX to incorporate new design philosophies and industry trends across all titles.
- Proficient in creating prototypes, wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, site maps, and ability to evaluate them through user-testing.
- Excellent communicator and collaborator with a strong understanding of the digital markets (web, mobile or games) especially focused on monetization and analytical techniques.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively, with a deep understanding of the technical limitations of the game engine or code restraints to maximise development efficiency.
- Strong 2D and Illustration skills for both game and non-game markets.
- Up-to-date with the latest UX / UI trends, techniques and technologies, with the ability to summarize and showcase the best opportunities.
- Strong interest in the mobile game industry including mid-core and free to play and a passion for AAA games of all genres.
A portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skill is REQUIRED
Why work at HARDlight?
- Strong understanding mobile gaming genres including mid-core and free to play.
- Previous app development experience from pre-production through to product launch and maintenance.
- Adept with Adobe Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator and Axure / XD.
- Skills in VFX and animations.
- Industry leading competitive salary & benefits. Including (but not limited to), Family Healthcare, pension.
- Flexible working hours
- Season ticket loan for Rail travel.
- Generous developer Bonus scheme.
- Free breakfast and fruit.
- The opportunity to be a large part of a small team developing innovative titles with a huge SEGA back catalogue.
- Based in the heart of England in stunning historic Royal Leamington Spa, with great connections to London and Birmingham.