||Role Overview - 3D Games ArtistSEGA HARDlight is looking for a 3D games artist to focus on environment and in-game art. You will help drive the artistic and world vision by creating highly compelling artwork that meets the visual and technical requirements of the game whilst serving as the benchmark for artistic excellence.
The ideal candidate should possess a mobile first attitude with strong art direction and visual communication skills. They should also have experience in creating art for casual, cartoon, stylized and mid-core mobile games. We look for T-shaped candidates who excel in at least one discipline such as environment modelling and are also capable to help out on other related tasks if required.
- The timely creation of high-quality game-assets to the project's art-style & technical requirements
- Take ownership of the milestone planning, day-to-day feedback communications, and final quality of deliverables from various external partners (outsourcing)
- Keep abreast of the latest industry art production trends and techniques
- Implement additional gameplay elements such as special effects and mechanical animations where necessary
- Ideation development, using techniques such as; environmental concepts, mood paintings, architectural drawings, prop concepts, and mood boards
- Liaise & work closely with other departments, solving problems on a win-win basis
- Help Lead Artists to document and structure support guidelines for both internal and external staff to follow during development and live operations to ensure assets are developed consistently throughout each title’s lifetime
Knowledge, Skills & ExperienceEssential
- At least 3 years-experience creating artwork for games
- Excellent communication skills as a collaborator
- Technical expertise and familiarity with game-engines & their performance requirements
- Ability to create textures in different styles – hand painted, photographic, vector based
- Excellent low-poly 3D modelling, texturing and asset creation within strict budgets
- Knowledge of core software packages (eg. 3DsMax, Maya, Photoshop, ZBrush)
- An avid interest in all types of art & graphic design
- Enjoy the feedback process as the best way to create fantastic visuals
- A portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skill is REQUIRED
- Experience in character pipelines, including skinning and rigging a plus!
- Experience of modern pipelines using Substance and high-to-low baking
- Development experience on a wide variety of mobile platforms
Why work at HARDlight?
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme
- We offer competitive salaries so that you can stay motivated and focused on making HARDlight the best it can be
- For gaming buffs, we offer free SEGA games on Steam and a home technology scheme, or if you’re more of a foodie, you can take advantage of fresh fruit, cereal & toast every day
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership and ride to work scheme. You can find your zen with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy
- We pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of the office
- The opportunity to be a large part of a small team, developing innovative titles with a huge SEGA back catalogue
- Based in the ‘Heart of England' in stunning historic Royal Leamington Spa, with great connections to London & Birmingham
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!