BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD
REPORTING TO THE HR BUSINESS PARTNER
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our seven development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, HARDlight, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours, even more so with everyone working remotely during COVID-19…
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our online gaming nights and free SEGA games on Steam
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership and ride to work scheme. You can find your zen with our weekly virtual yoga classes as well as online physical therapy with our masseuse.
- We hold regular company updates to keep everyone in the loop and we stay connected with social events like virtual pub quizzes and art workshops
- We support your learning & development with access to online courses through Udemy, and webinars and resources on mental health and financial wellbeing
- When you’re in the virtual office, we’ll make sure you have everything you need when it comes to tech/furniture, and we pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of your home office
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
SEGA Europe is looking for a bright and enthusiastic HR Assistant to provide HR administrative support on a day-to-day basis by providing a comprehensive HR service to managers and staff within the organisation. They will be proactive and responsible for taking ownership for all administrative processes and will act as auxiliary support to our Localisation QA HR function as well.
Reporting into the HR Business Partner, this is an entry level role for someone who is keen to start their career in HR, and a key role in supporting our teams to deliver. Previous HR administration experience would be beneficial, and the ideal candidate will have some office experience. They will be extremely well organised, with high attention to detail and strong written and verbal communication skills. It is essential that this person has a can-do attitude, with a good sense of humour and is proactive in assisting our team of 9. The right candidate will be passionate and driven about making a difference.
- Being the first point of contact for HR queries and support
- Drafting employee lifecycle paperwork
- Completion of right to work checks for all employees
- Ensure that all required references are requested and received in a timely manner and when required, provide employment references for former employees
- Organise work placements and ensure relevant documentation is completed
- Coordinate and assist with annual HR processes
- Produce organisational charts when requested
- Present the HR specific induction presentation for all new joiners and present on a weekly basis/as required in line with the Recruitment specific induction
- Updating the apprenticeship portal with cohort requests and general upkeep of data
- Monitor absence data in line with policy and escalate appropriately
- Assist with the drafting of approval documents when necessary
- Support HRteam with employee relations matters, including taking notes at investigations and formal meetings as and when required and tracking all relevant information
- Support the HR team with all training administration requirements, including liaising with delegates, booking courses and ensuring all required materials and information are provided
- Advise employees on policies, processes and systems
- Assisting in identifying areas for process streamlining & drawing up process workflow documents and guides as required
- Ensure data is stored and processed properly in accordance with the GDPR and best practice
- Systems data input and custodian of data integrity
HR Systems & Payroll
- Monthly Publishing payroll input collation and submission
- Ensure the HR system is well maintained and kept up to date
- Ensure SEGA’s on and offboarding processes are managed effectively
- PO Processing
- Support the HR Business Partner in delivering project work as and when required
- Any other reasonable duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships
- A proactive, can-do attitude
- Ability to act confidentially and with discretion
- Resilient and adaptable
- Great attention to detail and diligence
- Ability to work as a team, under pressure and manage conflicting priorities
- Experience with full Microsoft Office software package
- Experience of using HRIS (Sage, PeopleSoft, Workday etc.)
- Basic understanding of employment law
- Knowledge and passion for the video games industry