||Role Overview – Lead Engineer
As a lead engineer you will be essential in taking titles through development, to release and live operation.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Lead the engineering team to achieve project goals and deliver high quality game experience
- Help with planning, work estimation, resource requirements and tasks scheduling
- Collaborate with the other department leads to complete work on time to a high standard
- Collaborate with the studio technical management to conceive and maintain a high standard of technical architecture
- Oversee and mentor engineering team members
- Oversee game releases – client releases coordinated with server deployments
- Adhere to and enforce good engineering practices and company tech standards
- Care about the games we are making and how they can be better.
Why work at HARDlight?
- Strong engineering skills are essential. You have a high level of C++ or C# experience, and a passion for problem solving
- Experience in multiple areas of game development technology
- You have shipped multiple titles as a senior engineer and preferably in a lead position
- You have exceptional communication skills
- You care about the development process and improve it at every opportunity
- Experience developing and shipping titles using a game engine. Unity experience is a bonus.
- Experience with client/server technologies is beneficial, as well as experience with networking, database engines and server infrastructure
- Experience with running a live product, regular update releases and LiveOps is beneficial.
- Industry leading competitive salary & benefits. Including (but not limited to), Family Healthcare, Pension
- Flexible working hours
- Season ticket loan for Rail travel
- Generous Developer Bonus Scheme
- Free breakfast and fruit
- The opportunity to be a large part of a small team, developing innovative titles with a huge SEGA back catalogue
- Based in the ‘Heart of England' in stunning historic Royal Leamington Spa, with great connections to London & Birmingham.